Powderhorn Mountain Resort
Powderhorn sits on the edge of the Grand Mesa, the world's largest flat-topped mountain. The valleys, cliffs, mesas and canyons of western Colorado provide views unlike any other. With the installation of our new high speed quad, the Flat Top Flyer, enjoy double the skiing of our 1,600 acres. The area enjoys a reputation for outstanding tree skiing and diverse terrain. Colorado's wine country and legendary bike trails are just 45 minutes away offering some variety of your winter adventure.
- Annual Snowfall: 250.0in / 635cm
- Area: 1600 acres
- Base Elevation: 8200 ft / 2493 m
- Summit Elevation: 9850 ft / 2995 m
- Hours of Operation: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Season Dates: December 2015—April 2016
- Address: 48338 Powderhorn Road Mesa, CO, 81643
- Main Phone Number : 970-268-5700
- Lodging/Central Reservations : 970-268-5700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closest Airport: Grand Junction Regional Airport GJT
- Miles from Denver: 240
Best Known For
Powderhorn sits 4,000 feet above the valley floor on the Grand Mesa, the largest flat-topped mountain in the world. The glade skiing is quickly gaining a reputation as some of the best in the state. Spring snowfall provides waist deep powder and with uncrowded slopes, fresh tracks can been found all day.
Powederhorn Mountain Characteristics
- Base Elevation: 8,200 ft
- Summit Elevation: 9,850 ft
- Vertical Drop: 1,650 ft
- Permitted Acres: 1,600 (600 groomed)
- Trails: 42
- Terrain Parks: 2
- Longest Trail: Tenderfoot/Lower Dude at 1.8 miles
- 20% Beginner
- 50% Intermediate
- 30% Advanced/Expert
Snow and Snowmaking
- Average Snowfall: 250 inches
- Snowmaking: 42 acres
- 1 High-Speed Quad
- 2 Doubles
- 1 Surface
- 1 Magic Carpet
This just in
See more from Powderhorn Mountain Resort on our blog.
Buy your 16/17 season pass now to receive our lowest pricing for our 50th Anniversary Season! Your 16/17 pass offers more than just direct-to-lift access and unlimited skiing and snowboarding for the winter season. Additional benefits include resort discounts, deals from local partners and over 30+ free and discounted days at other resorts. It takes less than ten days on the slopes to pay for your Season Pass! Kids 6 & Under SKI FREE with the purchase of an adult pass as an added bonus of our 50th Anniversary Season!
Other Deals by Powderhorn Mountain Resort
Visit Powderhorn for the inaugural year of lift-served downhill mountain biking! This package includes two full day lift tickets and an overnight stay at the Slopeside Inn - located just 50ft from the bottom of Powderhorn's brand-new high speed detachable quad lift, the Flat Top Flyer. Visit powderhorn.com for deals on lessons, rentals, and more!