Hesperus Ski Area
Hesperus is temporarily closed for maintenance, please visit www.ski-hesperus.com for updates.
Just 11 miles west of Durango, Hesperus Ski Area offers 26 trails on 160 skiable acres (view trail map), with 150" inches of snowfall annually. The double chair takes skiers and riders up to the 8,880' summit for a 700 feet vertical drop. Hesperus is home to the Hesperus Ski Patrol, a volunteer patrol that's part of the National Ski Patrol (NSP). The Patrol has been promoting safe skiing practices and EMS (Emergency Medical Service) Services at Hesperus for over fifty years.
- Annual Snowfall: 150.0in / 381cm
- Area: 160 acres
- Base Elevation: 8100 ft / 2463 m
- Summit Elevation: 8888 ft / 2702 m
- Hours of Operation: Lifts are open Mondays from 2p-9p, Tuesdays-Fridays from 4p-9p, Saturdays from 9a-9p and Sundays from 9a-4p. On MLK and President's Day, Hesperus is open 9a-9p.
- Season Dates: December 2016—March 2017
- Address: 9848 U.S. 160 Durango, CO, 81301
- Closest Airport: Durango/La Plata County DRO
- Miles from Denver: 347
Best Known For
Night skiing and riding. Hesperus also offers tubing, rentals and ski and ride school.