A winter paradise in the heart of the San Juan Mountains, Purgatory at Durango Mountain Resort is the perfect family vacation destination. It's known for its unmatched scenery, terrain for all abilities and a vibrant, historic downtown. Purgatory Lodge has all the amenities of a world-class facility, including restaurants, shops, pool/spa, fitness center, private lounge and game room, and concierge. With 1,360 skiable acres, five terrain parks and kids' play area, Purgatory has something to offer the entire family.
- Annual Snowfall: 260.0in / 661cm
- Area: 1360 acres
- Base Elevation: 8793 ft / 2674 m
- Summit Elevation: 10822 ft / 3290 m
- Hours of Operation: 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Season Dates: November 2015—April 2016
- Notes: Purgatory will be open daily starting Nov. 21 and throughout the week of Thanksgiving. In the spring, the end of daily operations is Apr. 3 and then Purgatory will be open Apr. 8-10 & Apr. 16-17, 2016.
- Address: #1 Skier Place Durango, CO, 81301
- Main Phone Number : 970-247-9000
- Lodging/Central Reservations : 800-525-0892
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closest Airport: Durango/La Plata County DRO
- Miles from Denver: 330
Best Known For
There's plenty new at Purgatory, but the reasons people love to come here haven't changed. Purgatory is located just 25 miles north of the historic mining town of Durango, Colorado. Named as Best Value Ski Resort in North Amercia by TripAdvisor and one of America's Best Small Towns by Outside magazine, Durango offers a wide array of winter activities, shopping, and more restaurants per capita than San Francisco. A spectacular location, fun family winter activities, friendly staff, no lift lines and some of the best ski weather in America make Purgatory the perfect place for a memorable ski vacation.
When planning a trip to a Colorado resort for summer, winter, spring or fall, visit purgatoryresort.com. You’ll receive valuable information on all your vacation needs, including lodging, activities, lift tickets, shopping, restaurants, events, weddings, family reunions and group trips. Purgatory is your number one source for what to do in Durango, Colorado.
Named as the number one best value ski resort in North America by TripAdvisor, Purgatory Resort offers a great value for ski vacations and getaways any time of the year.
This just in
Join us for fun on and off the slopes. Make your ski vacation plans today and come play with us. One of our friendly Durango-based vacation specialists can help you plan your ski getaway. Book your vacation by calling 800.525.0892. See more from Purgatory Resort on our blog.