Aspen Highlands features extreme Colorado steeps. Think you are really, really good? Then go where the locals go to get humbled - Aspen Highlands. Wide-open runs, breathtaking views, plenty of beginner and intermediate runs, and hike-accessible terrain that is some of the steepest in the state.
- Annual Snowfall: 300.0in / 762cm
- Area: 1028 acres
- Base Elevation: 8040 ft / 2445 m
- Summit Elevation: 12392 ft / 3768 m
- Hours of Operation: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Season Dates: December 2016—April 2017
- Address: P.O Box 1248 1600 Maroon Creek Road Aspen, CO, 81612
- Main Phone Number : 800 308-6935
- Lodging/Central Reservations : 800-679-3147
- Email: email@example.com
- Closest Airport: Aspen/Pitkin County ASE
- Miles from Denver: 220
Best Known For
Aspen Highlands has some of Colorado's best steep, big-mountain skiing in the Highland Bowl, Olympic Bowl and Steeplechase. If you're looking for Aspen Highland's best-kept secret, check out mid-mountain beginner and intermediate terrain and the lower mountain steeps.
Follow Aspen Snowmass:
What Sets Aspen Highlands Apart?
- Highland Bowl - an in-bounds backcountry experience
- The view of Maroon Bells & Pyramid Peak
- The duct-tape-to-diamonds mentality of its biggest fans
- The sense of discovery at every turn: uncrowded cruisers, long and challenging steeps, and untracked sections in the bowls.
- Fondue and raclette at Cloud Nine Alpine Bistro — a rite of passage.
Pretty much everything, but especially Highland Bowl, the Temerity and Steeplechase sections.
Skis & Snowboard School
The Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen Snowmass are a collection of talented and inspired Pros that are committed to helping you build confidence, understand the terrain, and guiding you to the next place in your skiing or riding. Our Pros know more than just teaching, and are willing to share knowledge of the resort and community that can help shape an unforgettable experience during your stay with us. Click here for more information
2 total: Cloud Nine Alpine Bistro & Merry-Go-Round.
This just in
Aspen Highlands is one of four mountains in the Aspen Snowmass area. If you're visiting for the day or planning an extended stay to Aspen, make sure to check out the extreme terrain at Aspen Highlands.
See more from Aspen Highlands on our blog.