*Silverton will open Dec. 29 for the season*
Unparalleled big mountain powder and chairlift-served guided and unguided skiing with an emphasis on adventure - need we say more? Colorado's highest and most expert ski area, serving up exclusively non-groomed advanced/expert terrain to powderhounds of all ages.
- Annual Snowfall: 400.0in / 1016cm
- Area: 1819 acres
- Base Elevation: 10400 ft / 3162 m
- Summit Elevation: 13487 ft / 4101 m
- Hours of Operation: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Thursday through Sunday only.
- Season Dates: December 2016—April 2017
- Notes: Guided skiing/snowboarding starts on 12/29/2016! All the new snow is untouched until that day, so make your reservations now!
- Address: PO Box 856 Silverton, CO, 81433
- Main Phone Number : 970-387-5706
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closest Airport: Durango/La Planta County DRO
- Miles from Denver: 359
Best Known For
Silverton Mountain is one of the only places to heli-ski in Colorado. It is the place to be for adventure - for that powder-filled, big-mountain skiing fix. With 1,819 acres and only a handful of skiers you can't go wrong. Heli-skiing is also available on more than 22,000 acres.
Welcome to Silverton Mountain, Colorado. Here you will find amazing lines in every direction and one chairlift perfectly located to deliver you to the goods.
Imagine a place where the average total snowfall of over 400" exceeds the amount of daily visitors. Advanced and expert only riding, no groomers, no clearcut runs and a real mountain experience with plenty of adventure on tap. All thrills no frills.
Follow Silverton Mountainexperience.
This just in
See more from Silverton on our blog.