Cooper is different, in all the right ways! Soft all-natural snow, terrain variety for everyone, down-to-earth laid-back atmosphere, family-friendly vibe, smiling faces, great food & drinks, and prices that allow you to bring the whole family. Cooper brings you the very essence of the authentic skiing experience, with none of the frustrating baggage that you’ll fight through at the mega resorts.
- Annual Snowfall: 260.0in / 661cm
- Area: 400 acres
- Base Elevation: 10500 ft / 3192 m
- Summit Elevation: 11700 ft / 3557 m
- Hours of Operation: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Season Dates: December 2016—April 2017
- Address: 232 CR 29 Leadville, CO, 80461
- Main Phone Number : 800-707-6114
- Lodging/Central Reservations : 719-486-2277
- Email: email@example.com
- Closest Airport: Eagle County Regional EGE
- Miles from Denver: 110
Best Known For
Cooper offers authentic Colorado skiing without the hustle & bustle. Wide open terrain and no crowding means fresh powder stashes even days after a storm! Cooper allows you to enjoy everything that skiing & riding should be, without the bank-breaking price tag of the larger resorts.
Augment your ski day with a full wait-served pub menu and a microbrew at Katie O’Rourke’s Irish Pub (Cooper recommends “Kerrigan’s Irish Stout,” a Dillon Dam brew made just for Katie O’Rourke’s), with free live music most Thursdays and Saturdays. For 2015-16, the pub area is nearly doubled by an expansion onto the deck, including wind screening and umbrella heaters so you can enjoy a brew and a bite under Colorado’s bluebird skies.
What Sets Cooper Apart?
- One of the oldest ski resorts in the US, Cooper boasts its origins with the soldiers of the 10th Mountain Division, who cut the first trails on Cooper Hill for training excercises.
- With 400 in-bounds acres to explore, you have 39 varied trails served by 4 lifts. If you want more, help yourself to the 2,600 acres of wide-open powder bowls and epic glades served by snowcat tours on Chicago Ridge.
- If you’re a Cooper insider, there’s one thing you know for certain: our snow is the softest snow around. That’s thanks to our all-natural snow base, and our trend-bucking grooming strategy that focuses on quality over quantity.
- Pure, authentic, down-to-earth skiing. That’s what we’re all about at Cooper. Our mountain offers you 39 trails served by 4 lifts, spanning 400 lift-served acres. And if you’re in the mood for an even bigger adventure, our snowcat skiing tours on Chicago Ridge deliver you long, epic runs on 2,600 acres of wide-open powder bowls and glades.
On the Ridge
Chicago Ridge Snowcat Tours is operated by Ski Cooper on 2600 acres of open powder bowls, glades and timber in the San Isabel and White River National Forests. This is an area roughly the size of Vail’s Back Bowls, with similar length, pitch and vertical.
Guests soak in spectacular scenery as we climb along the Continental Divide with dozens of Colorado’s highest peaks in our view – a beauty scene unlike any we’ve seen elsewhere. We’ll take you as high as 12,600 feet. The slopes vary from 3,000 to 10,000 feet in length with vertical drops up to 2,000 feet per run.
Learn more about Chicago Ridge Snowcat tours at skicooper.com/snowcat-tours.
For all things Cooper, visit skicooper.com.
This just in
See more from Cooper on our blog.